GHQ Green (John Deere) 4020 Tractor

Started by Raymo, October 01, 2014, 04:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raymo

Rusty,It's similar to an A&I ink wash but its thicker. You can see where I used it on this truck, the front grille, side grilles and I use it between the spokes on the wheels. Do a Google search and you can buy it in different colors but I only use the black  Raymo

rustyfawcett

Quote from: Raymo on November 16, 2014, 08:09:44 PM
Rusty,It's similar to an A&I ink wash but its thicker. You can see where I used it on this truck, the front grille, side grilles and I use it between the spokes on the wheels. Do a Google search and you can buy it in different colors but I only use the black  Raymo

Thanks I will have to try it out

Raymo

This morning I mentioned I finished the tractor last night. I tried to fix Farmer Fred's black eye, and then attached him to the seat with some 5-minute epoxy. After that, I installed the steering wheel  and the building part was done. I broke out the weathering powders and hit the wheels with a little rust and the tires with some mud. I also weathered up the exhaust stack and around the seat. So here it is, the final photos.   Raymo

ollevon

That came out awesome Dan,  really looks great.
  Sam

gnatshop

Dan, another fantastic build!!!  ;D ;D ;D

I think Farmer Fred's black eye came from when he complained to his wife about his
'over easy eggs' !  ;D ;D ;D

I checked out 'The Detailer's' web site and think I'll try out the black, rust, and maybe a
couple more.
Thanks for the tip - that's what this site is all about!   8) 8) 8) 8)

Raymo

GPdemayo

Love the "green" John Deere.....great work Dan.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

bparrish

Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

Raymo

Vince P

This will be helpful when I build mine nice build.

Raymo

tct855

Farmer Danny,
              I grew up on two family farms.
                         This particular tractor is known as a rower type 4010.
                                           My favorite type was the JD 4020 which was similar.
                                                                                Can't wait to see what you build next.
                                                                                                      Nice build buddy!  U-da-Man!
                                                                                                                                      Thanx Thom...