GHQ Green (John Deere) 4020 Tractor

Started by Raymo, October 01, 2014, 04:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongHornCaddy

Looks like it's going to be a nice build!

Raymo

Quote from: LongHornCaddy on October 14, 2014, 09:14:30 PM
Looks like it's going to be a nice build!
Thanks Leo and Thanks for following along.

Raymo

Just a quick update, the tractor was in the paint shop for a coat of primer. I used Floquil(Now Testor's) Grey Primer. Raymo

engineerkyle

I love little details on the layout.

I hope you post more, especially as you apply the topcoats. I'm not too familiar with your work... will you be weathering the tractor?

see more tractors at
engineerkyle.com

Raymo

Quote from: engineerkyle on October 22, 2014, 06:31:50 AM
I love little details on the layout.

I hope you post more, especially as you apply the topcoats. I'm not too familiar with your work... will you be weathering the tractor?

see more tractors at
engineerkyle.com
Kyle, Thanks for following along. I'll apply light weathering to this tractor as it would be fairly new in the era I model. Raymo

Raymo

Well the tractor entered the paint shop and got its coat of green and yellow. My go-to colors for the John Deere are Floquil MKT green and Santa Fe yellow. When I run out I'll switch to Tru-Color BN green and WFE yellow.

Raymo

More photos

Raymo

Did some detail painting after the Floquil dried. Seat was painted yellow,silver for the bowl on the air cleaner, Matte black for the dash and controls,Grimy black for tires and the exhaust.

Raymo

I also used "The Detailer" in and around the engine and on the side grilles and started to paint "Farmer Fred".

Raymo

Time to start applying the wheels and tires

Raymo

Tractor is mostly assembled at this point

Raymo

I've added a yellow stripe to the side of the hood and one last trip to the paint shop to apply some Dullcoat to even everything out.

Raymo

Just need to do some final touch-up and light weathering and get rid of Farmer Freds black eye and this one will be ready for the fields. I'll post final photos then. Raymo

ACL1504

Raymo,

Just fantastic! Beautifully done!

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

rustyfawcett

Looks good. But I have one question for ya. What is the detailer Black it out?? Never seen it before what is it used for?