What I've been doing

Started by dick green, April 30, 2019, 01:42:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cuse

dick green

Thanks Curt and Cuse. All comments are welcomed. that's how we get better.

Dick
Apple Valley, Mn

ACL1504

Dick,

Absolutely a fantastic job on the Bailey's build. After seeing your build and following Reading Bob's build of Bailey's, I'm getting antsy to build mine.

Love the tree, very realistic looking. All thumbs up from here.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

postalkarl

Hey Dick:

You are doing A beautiful job with this one.

Karl

dick green

thanks for the comments guys. they really mean a lot to me. They also motivate me to fix things that other wise might be "good enough".  Taking pictures as we all know show us things that otherwise go unnoticed. the only actual construction left is the side porch. Then finish the diorama and add all the details. I think I am going to leave the office for another time. I might make a little She shed scene for my wife
Dick
Apple Valley, Mn

dick green

Hi guys

Off work early and tomorrow off. Wife is doing her diamond painting so I have time to play. Started on the back porch and the instructions say to glue it to the building and then add posts, stairs, and railings. George says to prop it up while it dries. I buy note pads at garage sales and thrift stores.They make great little pallets for glue and mixing chalks. I was looking at one I thought what if I just peel off layers until it is the right height. Well peeled off a few at a time put it beside the wall and it held the porch up perfectly level. No measuring, no propping. i wish I had thought of this when I glued on all the awnings.
Dick
Apple Valley, Mn

S&S RR

Dick

Your build looks great - having the right tools at the right time really helps.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

dick green

finished up the back porch. a little tedious but not bad
Dick
Apple Valley, Mn

PRR Modeler

The porch and stairs are nicely done.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

dick green

Dick
Apple Valley, Mn

dick green

Its been a crazy week at work. but I finally got of early today. I have really enjoyed this build but some times George throws you a curve, mainly the power lines. I'm on attempt four,but ill get it. Might a late night though. Pictures tomorrow
Dick
Apple Valley, Mn