FOS Green Cab Company--Finished Structure

Started by Opa George, August 12, 2019, 04:40:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opa George

Hello all--below are two pics of the FOS free kit from a few months ago, Green Cab Company. I did not do a build thread on this as it was very basic and straightforward.  I added some goodies from the details box: some old time gas pumps and a corner street lamp, but otherwise built it pretty close to the pilot model.

Below a close-up. The black vehicle to the right is a Jordan kit. The yellow and green vehicle is a Sylvan kit. The gas pumps are by Chooch and the streetlamp is rescued from an old FSM kit that did not survive a layout tear-down.

Pulled back to see where this fits in, with apologies for the poor lighting. The city block is FOS The Terminal kit. I finally got it located on the resort end of my layout. You can see the seaside roller coaster in the background.

--George

JimF

Wow!

Excellent work on the kit, George, and the whole scene looks fantastic!

Jim

sdrees

Nice work George.  I also Like the Bud terminal and the other structures
Steve Drees
SP RR

Dennis Bourey

George, Love the way it came out.............Dennis
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

ReadingBob

Looks great George!   ;D  I love building little structures like that.   :D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Zephyrus52246

Nice looking little structure.  Looks right at home in the whole scene.

Jeff

Dave K.

Opa George

Thanks, everyone. This was fun to build. -- George

Jim Donovan

George, I really like how you model. The building comes to life. I have spot on my layout where something like this would fit perfect and I have the parts I think to make it, so I am going to put a picture up on my to do board and see what can be done. Thanks for sharing, really nice.

Jim D
Holland & Odessa Railroad

SteveCuster

Steve Custer

dick green

Super Job!!
I love the colors and life!
Dick
Dick
Apple Valley, Mn

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

postalkarl

Hey George:

Looks just great. Is that a roller coaster in the background. How about some pics.

Karl

Karl

ACL1504

George,

Again, beautiful build. Yes, some photo of the coaster.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Opa George

Thanks for the extra comments, everyone.
I will take some pics of the roller coaster and post in a few days.  It is the centerpiece of the seaside fun pier on the resort end of my layout. It is a true HO scale roller coaster kit by Coaster Dynamics.  A plastic kit with pre-finished bents, so not terribly painful to assemble. And it operates! 
--George