Superior & Seattle Railroad Build (Volume 3) Started 7/27/19

Started by S&S RR, July 27, 2019, 08:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

I spoke to soon - just tried a post and got the error?

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Today, I finished the third control panel for the Superior Yard. I also tested the multi-input devices by Barrett Hill. The multi-input devices allow three different touch toggle switches to control one turnout.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

In this picture you can see the new control panel for the reversing loop and Superior by pass, along with the future roundhouse and turntable. For ease of operations I want to be able to control these turnouts from three locations. The first is here at the control center for the Superior Yard.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

The second location will be a control panel on the facia below the turntable and roundhouse.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

The third will be on the facia near the control panel for the Eagles Nest Yard.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Controlling the turnouts from three different locations is made possible by the little device shown in the top right hand corner of this picture.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Each of the three devices in the picture will control one of the turnouts.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Here is a picture when I toggled the middle touch switch - all three switches indicate that the turnout is in the red location.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

There will be 20 feet separating the first to control panels and 60 feet between this Superior Yard control panel and the Eagles Nest Yard control panel.  I will update this topic once I have the other two control panels installed.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Finally for tonight, I have the parts on the workbench for the fourth control panel for the South Superior Yard. Twelve more tortoise machines to connect for your model railroading pleasure. ;) 

John Siekirk

jerryrbeach

John,

Love how you stained the panels to match the oak cabinets!
Jerry

S&S RR

Quote from: jerryrbeach on August 13, 2019, 09:26:05 PM
John,

Love how you stained the panels to match the oak cabinets!

Jerry

Thank you for the kind words and for stopping by the thread.
John Siekirk

Dennis Bourey

John, Very impressive , Since my accident, You and many modelers, here is Just a little sample (Tom, Karl, Steve,Jim,Reading Bob, George and Curt, And many more)are the reason so many people are staying with the hobby and joining each and every day!!!!!!!! Me for one and I'm sure theirs lots more? I almost gave it up because of life changing status in the last year........Dennis
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)