MORRISTOWN & ERIE RAILROAD - WESTERN DIVISION

Started by Erieman, December 28, 2013, 10:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

Frank,

WOW, the steel mill is spectacular! This time of year is busy for most of us. Thanks for taking the time to get us updated on your progress.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

postalkarl

Hey Frank:

Just perused all you pics and everything looks just great.

Karl

Erieman

Good Afternoon everyone and thank you all for your kind words. As many of you know, i am the NMRA Director of the Arizona Division and we will be holding a regional convention this Sepptember. You can find out more here: https://azdiv-nmra.org/home/index.php  There is a video on this page where you can see a bit of video on my layout and several others.

Sorry for the commercial message. Glad you all like the steel mill progress. The clouds on the backdrop were painted with several rattle cans for the clouds. The rain was painted with a damp brush painted at an angle, some streaks heavy and some not so much. The cardstock photo has been around for quite some time. I cut out all the extraneous clouds/ sky and some building details, sprayed the back with 3m contact cement, and then placed all of them on the wall. There are three of them on the background.

The photo is somewhat deceiving because it combines elements from two sides of an aisle. I saw the shot possibility and took a couple of photos. Looks very interesting.  The blast furnace has been taking a long time because of all the details and layout changes i have been making.

Back to work and thank everyone for stopping by.

Frank / Erieman 

Erieman

good morning all,

Here is a photo i took the other day of the siding in the town of Chester. Enjoy.

Frank / Erieman

Jerry

Frank really some nice clouds.  And the steel mill great job!!

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Erieman

Good Morning All from Arizona,

As many of you know, I have not been off the forum for quite some time. I am the NMRA director of the Arizona Division. Every four years, our division is responsible for putting on a regional convention. Well, the good news is, the convention is over. We held it last week, September 25th to the 29th and had a bit shy of the 300 attendees i had hoped for. Everyone had a great time. That was a busy two years, especially the past couple of months. Tony Koester was our guest speaker, and a great time was had by all. We had many people from outside our region, which only adds to the enjoyment.

As part of our convention, we had a vendor room. TCS Sound was gracious to join us for the four days. They had a couple of clinics on their existing and new products and we wish them well. I have two engines with WOW sound and more will be coming in the near future. While here they shot a video of my railroad with their phone. I saw them but had no idea of what they had in mind. Well ,yesterday, I got an email from Stephen Koffel, the marketing director, with the following video:  http://tcsdcc.com/arizonajunction.

So I decided to get back on the forum and share it with everyone. I hope you enjoy the video. Now that the convention is over, i can now get back to my railroad empire. Stay tuned for more soon.

Frank / Erieman

ACL1504

Frank,

Fantastic video of the Morristown & Erie. I'm very happy to hear my lead with TCS panned out.

Thanks for sharing.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

jerryrbeach

Frank,

Great video.  It brought back so many memories of structures you shared with us on the forum. 
Jerry

GPdemayo

Enjoyed the great video Frank.....good to see the Morristown & Erie in operation..... 8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Zephyrus52246

Nice videos.  Good to see your layout in action.

Jeff

S&S RR

Frank

Great video! It sure sounds like the convention was a big success.  It's good to see you back on the forum and back at your workbench. ;)
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

postalkarl

Erieman

Quote from: ACL1504 on October 04, 2019, 12:43:29 PM
Frank,

Fantastic video of the Morristown & Erie. I'm very happy to hear my lead with TCS panned out.

Thanks for sharing.

Tom ;D

Thanks Tom,

Great Company and people. This is working out well.

Frank / Erieman

Erieman

Quote from: jerryrbeach on October 04, 2019, 12:46:05 PM
Frank,

Great video.  It brought back so many memories of structures you shared with us on the forum.

Jerry,

Thank you for your kind words. Glad to be back. I have a couple of new models i am working on. Convention is over, everyone had a great time and it is now time to get back to the railroad. Stay tuned.

Frank / Erieman

Erieman

Quote from: GPdemayo on October 04, 2019, 02:14:21 PM
Enjoyed the great video Frank.....good to see the Morristown & Erie in operation..... 8)

Thanks Greg,

Glad to back on the forum. Lots of great guys having fun. More soon.

Frank / Erieman