The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 3

Started by ACL1504, August 30, 2018, 03:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

I'm not sure if this shirtless guy sitting on the log is "poopin or fishin".

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Janbouli

Great photo's Tom , fishing or pooping , I don't think he gives a sh.....  :-X
I love photo's, don't we all.

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

sdrees

The new trees are really fantastic and add a lot to the layout by mixing up the type of trees
Steve Drees
SP RR

ACL1504

Quote from: Janbouli on June 23, 2019, 05:58:27 PM
Great photo's Tom , fishing or pooping , I don't think he gives a sh.....  :-X

Jan,

Thank you. Upon a closer look, he is definitely fishin. However, I still think he don't gave a sh--.

Tom ;D

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: PRR Modeler on June 23, 2019, 07:39:54 PM
Those are awesome looking trees.

Curt,

Thank you, yes, Kris makes awesome trees. Very realistic looking bark.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: sdrees on June 23, 2019, 10:28:41 PM
The new trees are really fantastic and add a lot to the layout by mixing up the type of trees

Steve,

Thank you, much appreciated. The variety of trees on a layout do indeed makes a huge difference.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

PennsyJ1

Hey there Mr. Tom,  Thank you and anyone else for the kind words about the trees. Glad you like them. Working on making more for your layout. I enjoy making the trees for you.

Kris
Bill Cutler
bcutler123@comcast.net

ACL1504

Quote from: PennsyJ1 on June 25, 2019, 05:22:21 AM
Hey there Mr. Tom,  Thank you and anyone else for the kind words about the trees. Glad you like them. Working on making more for your layout. I enjoy making the trees for you.

Kris

Kris,

The compliments on the trees are very deserving. They are very unique, realistic and I love them. Thank you very much. Your trees do make the layout look better.

Looking forward to seeing you both this Saturday my friend. You too Mr Bill.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

MAP

This morning Tom gave my son & I a grand tour of the A&S railroad. Wow! It looks even better when viewed in person. The aforementioned trees are fantastic as is the layout. Tom fielded all of our questions & was a great host. If you're in the area it's a must see! Thanks again Tom!
Mark

sdrees

I have watching the photo's that have been posted for George Sellios layout and one thing that I have noticed is how he varies the vegetation such as the various types of trees in a scene.  I will have to remember that when it comes time for me to do scenery.
Steve Drees
SP RR

ACL1504

Quote from: MAP on June 25, 2019, 02:52:18 PM
This morning Tom gave my son & I a grand tour of the A&S railroad. Wow! It looks even better when viewed in person. The aforementioned trees are fantastic as is the layout. Tom fielded all of our questions & was a great host. If you're in the area it's a must see! Thanks again Tom!

Mark,

Thank you for the kind remarks on the layout work. I was a pleasure meeting you and Charlie. I'm very happy you liked the layout.

This afternoon, my Babe Pam, steamed some shrimp and popped the cork on the wine. She said it was excellent. Thank you for the gift in a bottle. ;D

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: sdrees on June 25, 2019, 04:09:39 PM
I have watching the photo's that have been posted for George Sellios layout and one thing that I have noticed is how he varies the vegetation such as the various types of trees in a scene.  I will have to remember that when it comes time for me to do scenery.

Steve,

You are correct in the variation of trees on a layout. I remember as a kid the Life Like trees, they were all the same. And all my bushes were yellow, orange or dark green lichen. The grass was either brown or green dyed sawdust.

We are fortunate to live in a time in the hobby where the sky is literally the limit as to the types of supplies we have to model with.

Appreciate you checking in.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

As Mark mentioned, he and his son, Charlie, came by to visit for a few hours. They were also first hand observers of our I-4/Disney traffic.

We had a great time. Mark is also a crew member of the Expo Group.  He only lives some 20 minutes from Doug Foscale and Robert Seckler. How lucky can you get?

Mark lives in Conn. and drove down to Tampa to visit Charlie. They drove up from Tampa for the visit.

Here's proof of his visit.

Mark and Charlie Panzera -

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

In the next few days, I'll be adding the plexiglass fascia to the East side of the layout.

I took a few photos of some of the areas that will soon be protected.

Still waters run deep!

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com