The Franklin & South Manchester Railroad - it's all about the details!

Started by S&S RR, September 11, 2014, 09:35:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

Amagic41

John..... Great stuff and thanks for sharing with us unfortunate ones who may or may not ever get a chance to see this in  person !!!!!!
Ken Crump
KC's Workshop
Bowie,Md
www.kcworkshop.com

Dave K.

Great idea for a thread! Never had the opportunity to visit the FSM.

Mecrr22

It's great to so thoroughly document one of the best layouts ever created. It will live on in your photos and continue to inspire modelers. Scott Hurley
Scott Hurley (MECRR22)

BrianM

John ...... Although I have purchased FSM kits on and off since the early '80's I have never had the privilege or opportunity to visit the Franklin and South Manchester layout in person.  However, I have admired all the pictures I have seen of the layout over the years and your photos are now a wonderful opportunity to really appreciate all the detail George has put into his scenes.  Thank you so very much for sharing your photos and taking on this gargantuan task to present one structure at a time in detail on this blog for our viewing pleasure and endless source of inspiration.
BrianM - sometimes home in San Antonio, TX

ACL1504

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

S&S RR

Thanks to everyone that commented on this new thread. It was really nice of George to let us take all those pictures of his layout and I think it is important that we share his great work.  I'm having fun going through all the pictures again getting ready for the next highlighted structure. For those that commented that they haven't made it to one of George's open houses all I can say is get it on your bucket list.  It is worth the drive, even if you live in California or need to get on one of those expensive air planes.

Don't forget that the idea behind this thread is for all of us to add our pictures of each of the structures and have them in one place for future reference - I know there are some very good photographers out there that can take much better pictures than I can. I plan on sharing the history that I know for each structure and would welcome anyone that can add some history and comments to please share. Again, the purpose of this thread is for all of us to have a F&SM reference that is a tribute to George Sellios' work.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

This week I chose the Coaling Tower in Colbert Yard as the featured structure.  George told me yesterday that this structure started from a prototype picture of a coaling tower in upstate New York.  Model Railroader Magazine did a feature article on this structure a few years back. For those that remember this yard as the Fellsburg yard George changed the name to honor his good friend. Here is an overview photograph.  Please add your pictures of this great structure to the thread.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

halrey

Here is one John, I have posted this shot before, but now they can all be in one thread.
Hal

Hal Reynolds
Atlantic Scale Modelers
PO Box 223
Peabody, MA 01960

S&S RR

John Siekirk