Backwoods NE in Florida

Started by cuse, December 21, 2013, 08:35:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmillho

Jerry

I can't wait to see the progress.

One of the best layouts I've seen!!

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

cuse

Wow...Thanks Guys...I better get back to work. I'm so pleased with the Bragdon rock system that I've been seriously re-thinking some of my "visions" for the unfinished scenery. Been studying a lot of my Malcolm Furlow archives  ::)  Things could get dramatic!

Thanks again for the interest and motivation...John

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

ACL1504

John,

The next time you are in my area give me a visit. I have something you may want.

Two walls in the package and better yet, you can have them for just the visit.

You can see the walls in the above photo.

Tom ;D

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

cuse

I finished scenic king the base for the brewery built by Loren (FSMCollector) and let the glue dry overnight. This morning I plan to blend it into the adjacent scenery and ballast the track immediately in front of it...a little goop should do the trick - this stuff is perfect for me because it's controllable, versatile, and you can leave it for months and come back and it's ready to go. I'll probably go into my Scenic Express stash for some vines for the wall, particularly to mask the joints and generally age it up a bit.

fsmcollector67

John,
Looking real good. I had almost forgotten about the Brewery. Layout is coming out fantastic...

Loren...
9 Fingers Loren.....
"Watch out for that #11 Blade"

cuse

Finished "planting" this beauty...next, I'll move forward to focus on locating Execution Rocks' Sailmaker. This amazing brewery was scratch built by Loren. The sailmaker was built for me by Vilius. I feel like I'm curating a museum as well as building a layout and I'm thankful for it.

John

S&S RR

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

cuse

Now that the Brewery is in place, I can move to the foreground to plant the Sailmaker. I've got a bit of coastline to model and then the building will sit upon a concrete base. Just stuck a few trees in place to help visualize the sight lines.

Janbouli

Love what you're doing John , keep it up.
I love photo's, don't we all.

jerryrbeach

John,

The first photo shows that you have done a great job drawing the viewer into the scene with the sight line to the brewery between the ship and the sailmaker.  Looking forward to seeing this with the waterfront finished and a few trees added.  Your backdrop really adds depth in this area.  Very well done!
Jerry

ReadingBob

That's another really neat scene taking shape on your layout John!  Love it. 
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Jerry

John very impressive!!

Even though I model in O-Scale I'm getting a lot of good information from your thread.  Keep up the great work.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

jrmueller

Jim Mueller
Superintendent(Retired)
Westchester and Boston Railroad