FOS' Hollis Pest Control

Started by ACL1504, July 26, 2019, 05:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

In the next photo the LEDs appear large due to the close up. When the main building is in place, the lights barely show.

In the next photo you can see the lights have the old incandescent light bulb look.

Notice also I switched the positive red + and the black negative - on top. I did this to make it easier for me to wire the LEDs and not have the wires crossed.

Continued -

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

jerryrbeach

Tom,

Looked great to me when I first saw a pic of interior, but the lights really bring out the best in the scene.  Perfect choice using the two "incandescent light" LED's. 
Jerry

sdrees

Hey Tom, looking good. Very nice job.
Steve Drees
SP RR

Oldguy

Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: jerryrbeach on August 18, 2019, 10:08:54 PM
Tom,

Looked great to me when I first saw a pic of interior, but the lights really bring out the best in the scene.  Perfect choice using the two "incandescent light" LED's.

Jerry,

Thank you. I tried the bright white LEDs and they were just to bright and didn't have the look I wanted.These warm whites reflect the light perfect as you said.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: sdrees on August 18, 2019, 10:10:22 PM
Hey Tom, looking good. Very nice job.

Steve,

Much appreciated, thank you.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Oldguy on August 19, 2019, 02:01:13 PM
wow.  That is good.

I appreciate the generous compliment and thanks for the support.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Prior to leaving the State Attorney's Office, I made a few rounds to the attorney's and asked if they needed new legal pads. First, I went to the supply office and picked up about 30 new legal pads. The supply office at the SAO, no money to Staples or anything like that.

I exchanged the old for the new. I then went to the paper shredder and removed all the card board backings. The paper was then shredded.

When finished, I had enough thin cardboard to populate more scratch builds than I'll ever build.

Here are two from my stash.

Continued -

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I measured the lower main roof and the sub assembly roof. I marked those measurements on one piece of cardboard.

I removed the portion that was't needed.

More in a few.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I then realized I forgot to add the bracing against the fifth wall for the roof support.

I clamped the roof braces so they wouldn't shift while drying.

Continued -

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

One little back up here. I made sure the walls were square to the work area before the clamp was added.

While the braces were drying, I then gave myself plenty of material for the side roof.

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I made a test fit with the roof to make sure the roof decking was square to the walls. They were.

I then removed more decking from the right to the proper width.

I measured from the decking edge to the peak, 34 ft., and drew a ridge line.

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com