BARNABUS O'REILLEY lumber -sand -coal -roofing

Started by hairball, November 18, 2019, 08:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hairball

I love FSM designs , George S is the best and switching to O scale meant scratch building them.  Unless your real familiar with his design #275 ( duffys ) I built it backwards.  I added extra bump outs, widened stairs, changed railings doors and windows. Added some large gable end vents and some great grandt line gable end Victorian details.  I free styled a lot with this as it was not meant to copy his just pay homage to his main design.

The colour of this is floquil driftwood stain , floquil rust over that and thinned slightly, various lifted cracked siding highlighted with floquil tan and vintage white ?

I have a habit of throwing many different roofing materials into a build as I can.  We have corregated iron naturally rusted, shingles hand cut from veneer and applied one at a time , stained with leather dye and alcohol, roll paper roofing from paper bags, copper raised seam and metal raised seam.  Now that's variety???

Because there is so much detail to see I am going to double post picture amount.  I built this for On30 rail.

mike lynch..........madmike3434.......HAIRBALL

hairball

MORE PICTURES

MIKE ............HAIRBALL

Janbouli

I love photo's, don't we all.

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

Mike,
I agree, "O" scale, wow! Very nicely done as well.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

postalkarl

hey Mike:

Another beautiful job. Love the lumber shed.

Karl