Martin G. Jones Enginehouse/Machineshop

Started by Jerry, February 09, 2018, 09:54:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

postalkarl

Jerry

Thanks Jerry its appreciated.  And those windows were a real pain but hey I kept trying and now they look fine!

Karl always good to hear from you thanks.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Jerry

Finished the floor for the machine shop.

Placement for the machines is next...

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

deemery

When I was working on a machine shop model, I started with photocopies of the floor and then drew on that the ceiling framing.  Then I positioned the machines so I could understand where/how to run the belts from the machines up to the belt pulleys suspended from the ceiling framing.  That seemed to work well. 

One of these days I'll dig that project out and finish it...  It got put away when we moved a couple years ago, and I haven't decided where that particular structure will go.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Jerry

Thanks Curt its appreciated.

Dave not sure were the machines will go.  Plus not sure which ones I'll use I know they won't all fit.  Thanks for looking and giving me an idea.

Jerry

Jerry

The placement of the machines.  I think I have them were I want them.
I know the belt for the DP has to have a turn in it.

Next will be to put in the missing piece of wood that holds the rafters and the Main Line for the pulleys.

jerryrbeach

Jerry,

I love to see belt driven machinery modeled.  I'm looking forward to your installation of all the necessary pulleys and belts.
Jerry

Jerry

Thanks Jerry.

Seeing I've never done the belts and pulleys either it should be a lot of fun...

Jerry

bparrish

Jerry...

Consider brown grocery bag cut into narrow strips.

see ya

Bob
Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

deemery

Chuck Doan suggested Mylar (drawing plastic).  I got some from my brother the architect.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Jerry

Thanks Bob & Dave I also have the material Western Scale Models used in his kits.

Jerry

Jerry

Another machine built.  Western Scale Models McCabe Double Spindle Lathe.

Not sure if I'm going to use it here or in another shop I'm building.

Just thought you might like to see it.

S&S RR

Jerry

Very nice work! I love old machine shops. As for belt material - I have used paper, magnetic tape out of old cassette tapes, drawing plastic (Dave's post above), for me paper seems to work the best long term. The glue stays stuck where you want it to and you can paint it to look very realistic.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

postalkarl

Hey Jerry:

WOW!!! re3ally love the machine shop.

Karl