Superior & Seattle Railroad Build (Volume 2) Started 2/25/17

Started by S&S RR, February 25, 2017, 10:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce Oberleitner

Wow John, This sure is impressive.  Truly Amazing.

;D ;D ;)

S&S RR

Quote from: Bruce Oberleitner on July 04, 2019, 10:35:40 AM
Wow John, This sure is impressive.  Truly Amazing.

;D ;D ;)

Bruce

Thank you for the kind words and for following this thread. I have a lot of wiring to do before I can see how well this works - I can't wait.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

Update: I have spent the last couple of days working on my workshop expansion.  I'm finding things I forgot I had in the process. I hope to have it ready for some structure building by the end of the weekend.  I should take some pictures while it's still clean. ;) ;D
John Siekirk

Dennis Bourey

Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

S&S RR

John Siekirk

MAP

Great progress!  It's really enjoyable watching this portion of the layout take form.  Thanks for all of the updates & pics!
Mark

S&S RR

Quote from: MAP on July 05, 2019, 06:24:39 PM
Great progress!  It's really enjoyable watching this portion of the layout take form.  Thanks for all of the updates & pics!

Mark

You are welcome - thank you for following along. I started some wiring, today.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: DennisBourey on July 05, 2019, 11:11:31 AM
Yes Please!!!!!! :)

Dennis

Will do - I have a lot of stuff to move  and organize now that the expansion has really happened. I got the lighting in the new area today- love the LED lighting, all of the florescent tubes will be gone soon - so we are one step closer.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Update:  Most of my day was spent out in the outside yard getting the deck ready to stain and just enjoying the beautiful weather. I did make some progress this morning on the wiring.  Getting electricity to all those rails is going to take a few hours/days.
John Siekirk

postalkarl

S&S RR

Quote from: postalkarl on July 08, 2019, 11:20:05 AM
Hey John:

WOW!!!! great looking yard.

Karl

Thank you Karl, I got my deck staining project completed today, so I will be concentrating on my HO scale yard tomorrow. ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D
John Siekirk

deemery

Quote from: S&S RR on July 08, 2019, 07:41:45 PM
Thank you Karl, I got my deck staining project completed today, so I will be concentrating on my HO scale yard tomorrow. ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D

Some yards are more fun than others.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

S&S RR

Quote from: deemery on July 08, 2019, 09:08:45 PM
Quote from: S&S RR on July 08, 2019, 07:41:45 PM

Some yards are more fun than others.

dave

You got that right.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Today, I finished the workbenches/lighting etc. for the new shop area.  I started the sifting, sorting, and rearranging process and remembered that I promised to post some pictures of the new work benches before I cluttered them up. This is picture is the new workbench which will serve as my layout and assembly table. I moved the t-slot table top to this workbench. My belt sanders also found a new home here.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

In this new shop configuration my table saw has been moved off my rolling bench onto an extended workbench.  I also raised my workbenches 2 inches - remember my back problems last winter.  The PT recommend raising the work surfaces and spending more time working on my feet rather than sitting.  So far it has really helped.

John Siekirk