FSM Barnstead Lumber Build

Started by rpdylan, October 21, 2019, 02:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

rpdylan

Thanks George, John, Mark! Appreciate the nice words--- there is a lot going on in this kit, I underestimated the amount of work with this one! Although I am enjoying the build, as I do with every FSM kit! The roof for the warehouse is pretty big and there are a lot of Campbell's Shingles to lay down-
    There are two more board on board construction builds left: the machine shop and the wood cutting shed. Plus lots of castings to paint. 
Bob C.

Oldguy

Looking good!  You are starting to make me wish I hadn't gotten rid of my kit.
Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

rpdylan

Thanks Bob and Curt!
    back to the workbench after a few days of work... more board on board construction for the fourth and final structure in the kit: the cutting shed.  I've been jumping back and forth on the 4 structures in order to keep things going and interesting (some framing here, some shingling there....).  I've got the base constructed using 1/2 plywood with some 3/4 inch pine bracing underneath... yeah, its heavy but super sturdy..  looking forward to placing the structures and scenery,,, not so much in painting the 2 pounds of castings that came in the kit!

Bob C.

postalkarl

Hey Bob:

It's coming along quite nicely.

Karl

ACL1504

Bob,

I agree with all the others, very well done. a lot of work, er, I mean fun but well worth the effort.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

rpdylan

thank you so much Tom and Karl, it means a lot to me getting positive feedback from all of the great modelers here on the forum!
    The cutting shed is a cool little structure that requires a bit of work. the framing is thin and fragile. the benches have to be built with strip wood, the little bench on the left is a casting that has strip wood attached for the legs.  the "chop saw" casting on the right is pretty cool and goes between the two cutting benches.  the roof needs all the framing done and then metal roofing over that. of course I need to detail the interior before the roof is completed to make things easier for myself!
Bob C.

Opa George

Bob, you are doing a beautiful job on that kit.  The cutting shed is fantastic.
--George

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision