Painting Brass

Started by Kimkatkim, March 09, 2019, 05:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimkatkim

Hi everyone  :)

Anyone on here capable and willing to custom paint an HOn3 brass shay for me?
I am not set up to do this and I'm not so sure I want to get into the disassembling of the loco needed in the process. Therefore, I'm willing to pay someone else to do it  ;)
I know there has to be someone here who might like to do this...
Thanks for your help.
Kimberly  :)

ACL1504

Kim,

I'd like to help but no longer paint brass except for my own stuff. With over 370+ brass models in the spray booth, I just don't have the time. However, I'd like to give you some information that may or may not help.

The going rate for brass painting is around $45.00 an hour. I know of two who charge this price and others who charge more. Your Shay may run as much as $400.00 - 600.00.

Many factors go into the brass painting, including how many repairs, if any, are needed, type of weathering, sound installation, lights, etc and etc.

TCT855 on this forum paints brass but is slowing down due to the amount of work he has.

Darryl @ NWSL paints but I understand they are no longer taking any jobs.

I know this isn't very encouraging but thought you needed to know. Check with the two below as my information may be wrong.

Thom Driggers, AKA tct855, you can send a PM from the forum.

Northwest Short Line (Darryl) 406-375-7559

Tom
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Kimkatkim

Thank you Tom. I had an idea the paint job might cost more than the engine did! I'll inquire more and see if it's something I still want to do. Might be I'll have to dive into this myself anyway if I want it to get done. (Without it costing an arm, leg and firstborn... ;)
Kimberly  :)