The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 3

Started by ACL1504, August 30, 2018, 03:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

Quote from: Janbouli on July 27, 2019, 04:43:19 AM
Quote from: deemery on July 26, 2019, 08:34:12 PM
Good news, Tom.  Glad that breaker fusing didn't spark a fire!!

dave
Ditto that , would hate to see anything bad happening to your layout , or anyone elses for that matter.

Jan,

Thank you, I don't think I have it in me to start over again. 8)

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: S&S RR on July 27, 2019, 08:27:56 AM
Tom

Good to hear you are back at it. I can't understand what caused them to fuse together. Lightning?  :o

John,

Good to be back. According to the electrician, the breakers were loose from the years of heat-cold-heat-cold etc. No lightning as this is a sub panel so the main panel would have gone first.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: ReadingBob on July 27, 2019, 11:39:21 AM
Whew!  I'm sure glad the damage was minimal and you're back in business without having to replace the A/C.  Looking forward to the Saturday report this week.  ;)

Bob,

Whew is right! I definitely was very fortunate on this one. Not that a new AC unit wouldn't be nice but I didn't want to spend the extra $$ much less having to put it in. 8)

Tom
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: jimmillho on July 27, 2019, 04:33:18 PM
Quote from: ReadingBob on July 27, 2019, 11:39:21 AM
Whew!  I'm sure glad the damage was minimal and you're back in business without having to replace the A/C.  Looking forward to the Saturday report this week.  ;)

What Bob said.
Glad you are feeling better also.

Jim

Butty Jim,

Thank you, yes, I'm feeling much better. In fact I think I'm finally over it all. The sick part that is.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Bruce Oberleitner on July 28, 2019, 11:21:10 AM
Ditto everyone else comments about your health and the AC/Electrical issues Tom.  Maybe a jolt from a can of Diet Pepsi will help.  God knows it can't hurt right?  Right?

;D ;D :o

Cousin Brucie,

Thank you as well, I did fortify myself with three bottles of Diet Pepsi on this little adventure. :-X :-X

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Lynnb

Quote from: ACL1504 on April 26, 2019, 04:52:04 PM
FINALLY SOME SUCCESS.

The separation of the levels was a success. The new DB220 Digitrax booster was programmed and installed.

The feeder wires were all reattached to the third level bus line. The reverse loop wiring was completed and performs perfectly as well.

The new DB220 Digitrax booster (photo below) is on the far right. The black power source is a MRC 50 amp power supply and controls the power to the lower level 43 Tortoise turnouts.

In the bottom photo, the three PSX Power Districts, levels 1-3, are on the top and the three PSX-ARs, levels 1-3 are on the bottom.

It sure feels good to have it all working properly again.

Little bit of power there.
Ontario, Canada
The Great White North

My Layout Venture-> https://modelersforum.com/index.php?topic=6003.0

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

ACL1504

Curt,

Thank you, see you this Saturday morning.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

The A&S RR thread hasn't been abandoned. Ive been working on structures for the second level at the south end of Tahope.

If anyone is interested here are the two builds I'm working on.

http://www.modelersforum.com/index.php?topic=4527.0

http://www.modelersforum.com/index.php?topic=4542.msg123617;topicseen#new

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

S&S RR

Tom

Congratulations on solving another electrical issue.  I think getting those electrons where they are supposed to go is one of the most challenging parts of this hobby.  I will also be following your structure build threads- there is always something new to learn in this hobby.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

MAP

Great looking wiring Tom.  All neat & orderly....easy to track down where everything goes.
Mark

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

Quote from: S&S RR on August 05, 2019, 07:11:35 PM
Tom

Congratulations on solving another electrical issue.  I think getting those electrons where they are supposed to go is one of the most challenging parts of this hobby.  I will also be following your structure build threads- there is always something new to learn in this hobby.

John,

Electrical issues are my weakest link in railroad modeling. I learn as I go but am still very low on the totem pole with knowledge.

Thanks for following the other threads.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: MAP on August 06, 2019, 07:06:51 AM
Great looking wiring Tom.  All neat & orderly....easy to track down where everything goes.

Mark,

I got lucky in that it all works in spite of myself. Of course, I had many "buzzers" indicating a short prior to it all coming together.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: GPdemayo on August 06, 2019, 08:41:55 AM
SBG meet Saturday......oh boy.  :) :) :)

Greg,

Yepper, all are welcome who may be in the area and even those not in the area. 8)

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com