Mining Equipment

Started by S&S RR, February 12, 2015, 10:54:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

I have a number of pictures of mining equipment that I will be using for a scratch build project of a copper mine.  I will be sharing them here and hope that others will add their photographs.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

Mining Cars from the Copper Mines in Jerome, Arizona.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

A stamp mill on display at the Jerome, AZ mining museum.

John Siekirk

bparrish

John ....

This will take a bit of research but some years ago a man named Bill Gustafson ran company in Southern California named Western Scale Models.  At the last he narrowed his production from HO and other to only G scale.  He then move the business to Tri Cities Washington State and then sold the whole thing off to ............ I think, something like.......... Wild West Models........ maybe in Colorado.  That company is advertising the reintroduction of O- HO- and Scale structures and clutter of mining equipment.

Bill Gustafson is out of that production I think and is only marketing western railroad related books.

I think they advertise in the Gazette.

see ya
Bob
Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

S&S RR

Bob

Thanks for the information.  I have purchased some of the HO scale Western Scale Models castings at shows, but have seen nothing on a reintroduction of their mining equipment castings.  I will do some more research. I have a large mining area planed for my layout - just in the research stage at this point. I try to pick up any good quality mining equipment castings I can find.
John Siekirk

GPdemayo

Hi John:

Here are a couple from Park City, UT.

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

bparrish

John....

Here is a link to their products line.

It dosen't look like they are moving very fast on putting some of the smaller scale stuff back into production.

Perhaps a direct phone call can rattle him for what he might have.  Often small manufacturers won't show stuff on their page of remaining stock as there isn't enough to support larger regular orders.

http://www.wildwestmodels.com/products/index.html

see ya
Bob
Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

S&S RR

Quote from: GPdemayo on February 13, 2015, 09:01:59 AM

Hi John:

Here are a couple from Park City, UT.

Greg

Great pictures - thanks of adding them to the thread.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: ACL1504 on February 13, 2015, 09:46:45 AM
Great pictures!

Tom ;D

Tom

Thanks for stopping by the thread. I really find prototype pictures helpful - I hope the rest of the forum members agree.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: bparrish on February 13, 2015, 02:04:12 PM
John....

Here is a link to their products line.

It dosen't look like they are moving very fast on putting some of the smaller scale stuff back into production.

Perhaps a direct phone call can rattle him for what he might have.  Often small manufacturers won't show stuff on their page of remaining stock as there isn't enough to support larger regular orders.

http://www.wildwestmodels.com/products/index.html

see ya
Bob

Bob

Thanks for the current link - I will do some research and see what is still available.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Here are a few pictures of the Mine Heads in Jerome, AZ.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

The buckets used to lift the ore to the surface.

John Siekirk