Barnstead Lumber Scratch build

Started by fsmcollector67, October 11, 2017, 02:02:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAP

Another excellent build Loren!  Thanks for posting all of the photos.  What's  next on your build list?
Mark

robertseckler

Quote from: fsmcollector67 on November 06, 2017, 12:27:47 PM
Donato, Dave,
Thanks so much....Dave a big thanks for the blow by blow at the Expo, for us folks that did not go....next year is a definite.....so that I can meet most of you folks...
Loren...

Great work

If you come to EXPO bring something for Contest Room

fsmcollector67

Robert,
After viewing Dave's photos of the entries, I already have the wheels a turning in my head as to what I could come up with....
And thanks for the compliment....
Loren...
9 Fingers Loren.....
"Watch out for that #11 Blade"

fsmcollector67

Mark,
I still have the lumber storage shed for this to finish up.......I was leaning towards a mill that I have pictures of from on line, which is unique that it has stamped pattern metal siding. I was trying to devise a way to replicate this. I have a plan on possibly how to do it, but just need to do all the drawings for it.  At this point not sure. I always say that I am going to take a break, but the next day I am bored, and come up with something else to build.  Time will tell.....
Loren...
9 Fingers Loren.....

fsmcollector67

The Storage shed is in the works, just need to do roof, and catwalks......Those Acrylic inks that I bought a couple weeks ago, came in handy. Used them to put a little color back into a few of the boards... should be done in a couple of days....Thanks for taking a look... The boards are a much more gray look to them, but that is just my terrible lighting for the pictures...
Loren...
9 Fingers Loren.....

deemery

How did you apply the inks, with a paintbrush?

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

fsmcollector67

Dave,
They are Liquitex Acrylic inks. (Raw Umber, and Burnt Umber) I diluted them just like india ink, in alcohol. I used about the same most commonly used dilution rate of about 2oz of alcohol, with about 50 drops of ink. They are light at this point, and I brushed on two, or three times for some. I also used a Raw Sienna Rembrandt chalk, mixed with a little alcohol, for a couple here, and there. Thanks for the comment...
Loren...
9 Fingers Loren.....

fsmcollector67

Curt,
Thanks for the compliment...
Loren...
9 Fingers Loren.....

MAP

The shed is coming along nicely Loren.  I like the use of the Acrylic ink washes.  Did you pick them up at Michaels?
Mark

fsmcollector67

Mark,
Thanks for the comment. I actually make a trip every once in awhile down to Norwalk to Jerry's Artarama. An artist's heaven for brushes, paints, chalks, etc....
Loren...
9 Fingers Loren.....

fsmcollector67

I finally finished up the storage shed, and machine shop. Seems like this almost took longer to build than the whole warehouse. I tried to be faithful to George's build, and get the board by board as close to his as possible.  Anyways, onto the cutting shed, and fence, and then she's done....Thanks for taking a look...
Loren...
9 Fingers Loren.....

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

postalkarl

fsmcollector67

Curt, Karl,
  Thanks so much for the compliments...
Loren...