Superior & Seattle Railroad Build (Volume 2) Started 2/25/17

Started by S&S RR, February 25, 2017, 10:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

Quote from: bparrish on July 14, 2019, 04:50:07 PM
John....

If you are not careful....  you're going to end up with a real railroad on your hands.

I may have to plan a trip to Michigan sometime to witness this  ! ! !

Thanx'
Bob

Bob

You are welcome anytime, I would love to have you visit. I'm looking forward to getting this new section wired up and running.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

Update:  Tomorrow will be a special day on the S&S RR.  I have one more track joint to link the new expansion to the original layout. The sections will join right over my new workbench. This will complete the track work - but not the wiring. I have many hours of work ahead of me getting everything powered.
John Siekirk

Dennis Bourey

Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

postalkarl

S&S RR

Update:  I completed the track connections so the original layout is now connected to the new expansion.  So we officially have a gold spike. I will be working on powering up the track and turnouts in the Superior Yard over the next few weeks. Today, I'm working on the control panel that will connect all those wires that need to be pulled.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

NEWS RELEASE S&S RR: This evening the youngest member of our Engineering Staff successfully piloted one of our largest steam locomotives from the mountains above Sellios, across the timber trestle above the Eagles Nest Yard and reached the throat of the Superior Yard yard before loosing power.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

As you can see from the pictures this test run was for the mainline only - construction debris has yet to be cleared. My Grandson Isaac is 3 and is having his first sleep over at Papa's house to help him work on the trains. Tomorrow he will help Papa pull wires so the train can go farther into the yard.
John Siekirk

Dennis Bourey

Good Job Isaac, Love it when they start so early and you can tell he's happy and holding interest into model RR. Good for you too!!! 
Dennis
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

postalkarl

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

jimmillho

Good job Issac.  Don't forget your drink container when you get down. ;D ;D ;D