FSM Fox Run Milling - scratch/kit bash

Started by ACL1504, September 02, 2019, 05:50:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

Well, I forgot about measure twice and cut once. I then spent about 40 minutes looking and studying on it.

I then cut a new roof panel and started over. I drew lines on the new roof panel using the dormer roof panel as a guide.

I then cut the main roof panel along the lines and made another test fit.

Continued -

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Not perfect but it is in the bubble lines. Not bad for a second try and I got lucky. Murphy has nothing on me this time.

After taking the photo, I realized the dromer slid down a bit from the fifth wall.

Yepper, more in a few.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I then added a dry brushing of A&I Light Gray to the walls.

I dipped a 1/2" soft brush into the A&I, dabbed it on a napkin and then quickly dry brushed the light gray on the walls. I used horizontal strokes for the brushing.

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I used a pencil to mark the location of the small office.

Glued some cardboard to the rear of the window openings.

Continued -

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Painted the area with Tamiya Flat Black.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Raymo

Tom, this is looking great. I see more and more of us gravitating to the Tamiya paint. I use to use it more in my model car building days 30 years ago. I might need to build up my stock again.

Bruce Oberleitner

Uncle Tommie,
Mighty fine work on your scratch building efforts my friend.  Keep up the good work.

BTW, say "Hi" to the Judge for me.

;D ;D :o

postalkarl

Hey Tom:

It's coming along just great. Sent you A PM today.

Karl

fsmcollector67

9 Fingers Loren.....
"Watch out for that #11 Blade"

ACL1504

Quote from: Raymo on September 17, 2019, 07:20:00 PM
Tom, this is looking great. I see more and more of us gravitating to the Tamiya paint. I use to use it more in my model car building days 30 years ago. I might need to build up my stock again.

Dan,

Thank you, much appreciate you stopping by for a comment. I really like the Tamiya paints. However, I've only used them on wood building but plan on trying them on some Sylvan's in the new year.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Bruce Oberleitner on September 18, 2019, 12:11:04 AM
Uncle Tommie,
Mighty fine work on your scratch building efforts my friend.  Keep up the good work.

BTW, say "Hi" to the Judge for me.

;D ;D :o

Cousin Brucie,

Thank you my friend. I'll pass on the message.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com