Campbell Scale Models Richmond Barrel Mfg Co

Started by Oldguy, October 25, 2019, 10:53:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldguy

Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

Oldguy

Quote from: rpdylan on November 21, 2019, 07:13:12 AM
great work Bob! I'm amazed the roof held up those weights!  Regarding the roof ventilator, its so true in modeling structures that a lot of work goes into getting things to fit properly on the roofs! this is where our modeling experience really kicks in, right?!
    Its all coming together so nicely, your build thread has been fun to follow!
I'm glad you liked it.  And yes, roof details can be a pain.
Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

Oldguy

Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

Oldguy

Quote from: richbeau on November 21, 2019, 10:13:11 AM
Just read through this build thread - great workmanship Bob! Makes me want to dig out a Campbell kit.  :)
--Rich
They continue to be great kits, I'm just not a fan of cardboard.  I've a handful waiting in the que.
Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

Oldguy

Quote from: Opa George on November 22, 2019, 05:33:49 AM
Bob, beautiful work in every respect--the finished structure is a showpiece.  It was good to see your techniques with an older kit turn out such nice results.  Thanks much for all your work in posting all the pics and providing this build thread.
--George
Thank you very much.
Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

Oldguy

Quote from: postalkarl on November 22, 2019, 12:17:30 PM
Hey Bob:

That is coming out just beautifully. Love your colors they really enhance the model.

Karl
Thanks.  I learn a lot from this build.
Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

Oldguy

Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

Zephyrus52246

That turned out quite nicely.  Good work.

Jeff

richbeau

I agree with everyone else, it does look great.

I have built a bunch of Campbell kits and still have a couple in the stack. In this 30-second society the longevity of the designs and the company are impressive.
--Rich

ACL1504

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com