Tamiya Komatsu G40 Bulldozer - Build Challenge 2016

Started by NEMMRRC, September 12, 2016, 09:32:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

ReadingBob

Gee, I learned something already and all you did was clean off your workbench and put a piece of white paper on it.   :D  I'll have to try that.  Actually I'll have to try both cleaning off the workbench and using white paper to reflect the light.  I'm hoping to pick up some more tips too.  I have an Jordon Erie Steam Shovel (not for sale  ;) ) that I'd like to build someday so I want to apply what I learn here to that build.
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

ACL1504

Quote from: Raymo on September 13, 2016, 08:45:01 PM
Tamiya paints in the bottle are an acrylic with a real funny smell. Their spray cans are a lacquer paint but spray really well. Watch out when using A&I, it will soften the acrylic's.

The smell in Tamiya paint in the bottles are Isopropanol and Glycol ethers. 8)  Don't sniff them for to long Raymo.

Just saying. ;D

Tom
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

NEMMRRC

My hobby shop doesn't have the Tamiya TS-66 IJN Kure Grey. But it has the TS-67 IJN Arsenal Grey. I'm getting that one. It's in a spray can.  I mean it's just a toy train.

The Tamiya in little bottles has a flammable warning. A flammable acrylic.

Later.
Narrow Gauge Convention photos

Janbouli

Quote from: NEMMRRC on September 15, 2016, 04:44:45 PM

Made for the American market , it probably also has a " Don't use on cats " warning  ;)
I love photo's, don't we all.

NEMMRRC

Out of 10 different Tamiya paints my hobby shop had 5 in stock. The sixth I substituted for something I liked and I also bought a can of primer.  They carry a ton of paints at my hobby shop so I was surprised I didn't find all I needed. Oh well, it is a challenge after all.

Here is the booty that my trip to the hobby shop yielded.

I now need to find my hobby knives and glues and sanding sticks and tweezers and other tools so I can begin gluing something together.

Later.

Jaime

ak-milw

You will never find them now that you cleaned off your bench.

NEMMRRC

S&S RR

Quote from: NEMMRRC on September 15, 2016, 07:25:46 PM
Quote from: ak-milw on September 15, 2016, 07:19:22 PM
You will never find them now that you cleaned off your bench.
Isn't that the truth !!!

:-)

Jaime

The only way I know to find them now is to go buy more - then they will show up.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: NEMMRRC on September 15, 2016, 04:44:45 PM
My hobby shop doesn't have the Tamiya TS-66 IJN Kure Grey. But it has the TS-67 IJN Arsenal Grey. I'm getting that one. It's in a spray can.  I mean it's just a toy train.

Later.

Jaime

I would be careful with that stuff - I had a hydrocal casting blow up today. ;)
John Siekirk

MAP

Mark

Zephyrus52246

An interesting choice for the build challenge, Jaime.  From what I've read on scale airplane models, the Tamiya kits fit together very well.   Looking forward to watching your build.

Jeff

postalkarl

NEMMRRC

I managed to find almost all of my tools. I did not find my best pair of tweezers. I hate that. Once you clean your work bench it's darned near impossible to find everything when you need it.

Here is the set up and I am ready to start cutting parts off the sprues and gluing stuff together.

Later.

Jaime