Barnstead Lumber Scratch build

Started by fsmcollector67, October 11, 2017, 02:02:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fsmcollector67

So the last two mystery builds, someone guessed it in under an hour. I put up pics of the cut walls, and could not stump you all. This time I have made a copy of one of the doors used in the kit. I am hoping this might take a little longer. I used the old school method of stacking the layers of wood to build this. (been reading some old 50's MR lately, and this was the only way they knew how to do it). Let the guessing begin........
Loren....
9 Fingers Loren.....
"Watch out for that #11 Blade"

tom.boyd.125

Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

fsmcollector67

Oh! Come on.....22 minutes......next time I am just going to think of a build, and you guys can try to guess what I am thinking of. Great job Tommy!!!
Loren...
9 Fingers Loren.....

S&S RR

I think Tommy has one on his workbench. ;)  Some of the techniques from the 50's really do look good.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

fsmcollector67

John,
So that might explain it. I just thought some modelers have every aspect of kits cataloged in their heads....It is amazing some of the techniques that back in the 40s-60s what modelers did to create what we sometimes take for simple today.
Loren...
9 Fingers Loren.....

fsmcollector67

Howdy All,
Been busy replicating doors for the build. Decided to get them all built at once this time, to get it out of the way. I have all of the walls cut, and started to color them last night. I am also playing around with coloring the stone foundation, as you can see in the last pic. Thanks for taking a look...be back soon....
Loren...

Just realized a day later I never put nail holes in the freight door on the right....OOPS!
9 Fingers Loren.....

Janbouli

I love photo's, don't we all.

S&S RR

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Zephyrus52246

fsmcollector67

Janbouli, John, Curt, Jeff, And Denato,
Thanks for the compliments......
Loren...
9 Fingers Loren.....

ACL1504

Loren,

Ditto to all the other comments. Love the doors. Most excellent.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

fsmcollector67

9 Fingers Loren.....

fbernard65